Desert Skies (DS) was built in 1956 by developer Roy Fey. Originally built as a hotel, DS was known as Palm Springs Desertaire Apartments. In the early 1960s, DS was turned into co-operative apartments. Today, Desert Skies is a beautiful mid-century, 38-unit condominium complex on fee land (owner's own the land) located in the sought after area of South Palm Springs known as Canyon Corridor. DS is ideally located close to shopping, restaurants, banks, cafes, golfing, hiking trails, horseback riding, and the town recreation center, offering tennis, skateboarding, and an olympic size swimming pool.
Desert Skies is relaxing and peaceful place to spend a month or longer. A brochure found from the 1950s mentiones DS was built with "soundproofing walls." There are many amenities including a gas BBQ, two (2) swimming pools (one heated in winter), a spa, two (2) recreation rooms with gas fireplaces, two (2) laundry rooms, fruit trees around the property and an adjacent park for the use of residents and guests.